I’m not sure about this blog hop in its current form, but I do like this question, so…
What moment has validated you and made you feel like a writer? If it hasn’t happened yet, what do you think it will be?
This is an odd question for me. It’s like asking: what moment has made you FEEL like a girl? There are certainly milestones I’ve met (like getting paid to write) and milestones I’ve yet to meet (like getting paid to write something people actually read and enjoy). But even before I’d met any of them, I was just as much ‘writer’ as ‘girl’ in the eyes of those who knew me. I don’t just invent stories, I play with words. I write poetry. I run online (written) games. I communicate best through writing. I am a writer.
I don’t have a lot of faith in myself, and I’m very worried about appearing to be a poser, so I did tend to describe myself as ‘trying to be a writer’ until the milestone mentioned above, where I got a paycheck for inventing characters and writing dialogue for them. But I’m pretty sure everybody who knew me thought I was being ridiculous. I do, looking back.
- Follow this blog.
- Follow Elizabeth Sharp, the originator of this hop
- Follow the featured author of the week, VK Tremain.
- Go to Sharp words and copy the image code found there and paste it in your blog. Add your name to the link at the bottom of the post while you are there.
- Copy and paste the rules in your blog, as well as this week’s question.
- Answer the question
- Follow, follow, follow. This is about networking, people, making connections with people in your community. So talk to us. We don’t bite!
- If someone stops by, says hi and follows you, the polite thing to do is follow back.
- Comment here and introduce yourself and you just might find a new follower or two.